Butchers before we were farmers....
...our family have more than 50 years butchering experience and if you follow our tips for serving your Christmas turkey & Goose, carving will be a dream.
Whole Bronze Turkey or Goose
- First and foremost you need a strong, sharp knife.
- Hold the wing by the tip and cut it at the mid section.
- Hold the leg by the end knuckle and cut through the skin between the leg and the body then twist off and repeat for the other leg.
- Slice dark meat from leg and wing.
- Using the knife’s tip cut along the breast bone, keeping the knife close to the bone, until the breast is removed.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the other side of the bird.
- Slice the breast to suit.
Arrange the meat on a platter and pour the hot cooking juices over the sliced meat.
Allow the meat a few moments to soak up all the lovely juices before serving.
Cooking Times ...