Terms & Conditions
In these conditions of sale:
The company means www.backyardfarmer.co.uk.
- Correspondence address: Backyardfarmer, Pumphouse Farm, St Georges Road, Hightown, L38 3RY
- The customer means any person contracting with the company for the supply of products or services.
- Delivery means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly.
These conditions may only be modified by a variation in writing signed on behalf of the company.
Submission of a purchase order online will be taken as agreement to these conditions of sale.
2. Supply of Products
Products are sold under the express understanding that:
- Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business to business basis.
- The customer fully is made aware that for all natural products, the company cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations. All sizes quoted are approximate
- If a product is not in stock, the company may substitute the order with a product of same specification, but may be under alternative packaging.
- The customer fully understands that turf is a perishable product, which must be properly laid on properly prepared ground with no risk to drought and adequately watered within 6 hours of delivery if conditions are dry.
- The company require any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within 48 hours of collection or delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with the product then it must be returned to the company within 5 working days after the complaint has been logged. A refund will then be made for the original purchase price less delivery/haulage charges.
- Customers are required to pay by credit card/debit card at the time of ordering.
- Prices quoted are all-inclusive & delivered unless otherwise stated.
- All products (however delivered) shall be at the customers risk from the time of delivery. After such time the company shall be under no liability for loss or damage or deterioration of the products from whatever cause arising.
- The company will make every effort to deliver on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then no liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever.
- Delivery shall be conditional upon access free from encumbrances and good roads being available to the vehicles to the place of delivery.
- The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery.
- If the company, or its agent cannot gain access to the delivery address then additional costs may be incurred. Deliveries are made using large vehicles and it is the customer’s responsibility to inform us if there may be an access problem. The company will confirm the outcome by email. In such cases that delivery, in the opinion of the company or the delivery agent is not possible, then we reserve the right to cancel the order. This above action must be completed before orders are despatched. Delivery vehicles use tail lift offloading, and it must be emphasized that the delivery vehicle must be able to park in an area where the delivery is to be made. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the delivery area is a flat hard standing area. The company takes no responsibility for the delivery if the customer does not inform us if this is not the case. A pallet truck may then used to manoeuvre the products off the tail lift to the kerbside delivery point. The customer, or somebody appointed by the customer, should be at the delivery point to accept the delivery. We can only guarantee kerbside delivery, however where possible the driver may move the pallet onto your driveway if you have one. Please note, it is only possible to deliver or move a pallet on a firm level surface ie concrete, tarmac & paving etc. We cannot deliver or move a pallet on soft or uneven surfaces such as gravel, grass or steep slopes.
- Deliveries requested for Saturday AM are to be delivered before 13:00.
4. Cancellation/Returns Policy
- The customer has the right to cancel any product order except perishable goods which are listed in sub point 4 below, prior to despatch of the product. Despatch may be up to five working days prior to delivery We are unable to cancel orders after despatch.
- Customers are required to return the goods, at their own expense, to our site office: Backyardfarmer, Blundell Cottages, St Georges Road, Hightown, L38 3RY, within 7 working days of delivery.
- Perishable goods are Turf. All other goods are non-perishable
- Perishable goods are excluded from cancellation under The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689, 2005.
6. This does not affect your statutory rights
5. Order amendments
Any order amendments must be made before goods are despatched,. A unique amendment reference will be returned with your amendment confirmation email, this will be needed in any further correspondence or dispute..
6. Company’s Premises
- The customer will at all times be responsible for the security and insurance of their equipment.
- The customer will comply with all requirements of Health & Safety Legislation
- Delivery will be made on a kerb side delivery basis and will be the customer’s responsibility to move the products from the place of delivery to the area required.
The company accepts no responsibility for injury or damage caused to persons or equipment whilst on company premises.
7. Working Days
Working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Saturday, Sunday and any Bank, Public or Statutory Holidays are not working days.
These conditions and any contract or variation are governed by the law of England. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into by the company with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary course of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the time being in force.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights