Carving your goose
Follow these simple carving techniques and serving your Christmas Goose will be a dream.
First and foremost, you need a strong, sharp knife...
- Hold the goose wing by the tip and cut it at the mid section.
- Hold a goose leg by the end knuckle and cut through the skin between the leg and the body then twist off and repeat for the other goose leg.
- Slice the delicious roast goose meat from leg and wing.
Using the knife’s tip cut along the breast bone, keeping the knife close to the bone, until the breast is removed.
- Repeat steps 1 - 3 for the other side of the goose.
- Slice the breast to suit.
- Arrange the meat on a platter and pour the hot cooking juices over the sliced meat.
Allow the mouthwatering roast goose meat to rest a few moments to soak up all the lovely juices before serving.
Christmas Goose ...