Free Range Christmas Goose
Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat
how much do we love goose meat or more so, how much do we love the goose fat?
Not only does a free range goose have rich dark and succulent flesh, but the it has the added bonus of pints of the world’s best cooking fat.
- Goose fat induces such pleasure into the crispiest crackling not only for your christmas dinner but for roast dinners thereafter.
- The free range goose is back, now at its most popular since it was eulogised by Dickens in ‘A Christmas Carol’.
Goose is gorgeous ...
However you say it, goose is gorgeous, which simply explains surprisingly high sales in difficult financial times, for a bird that can sometimes command close to three figures: Goose is going on the menu all over fashionable London and beyond and first timers will not be disappointed. They may be paying a little more or so than the traditional white turkey, but you can’t beat its flavoursome meat.
A goose is just for Christmas dinner and it may not serve up any leftovers, but the fabulous fat, its salty crispy golden skin, and a stock to die for!
A fresh free range Goose is the traditional choice for Christmas.
We sell oven ready free range geese and bronze turkeys; the finest quality birds, oven ready for your christmas dinner and now available to buy online.
You can pre-order your christmas goose from early Autumn for either farm gate collection from 23rd to 24th December or we can offer a home delivery service on 22nd December.
Here at Backyard Farmer we are proud to offer the finest free range goose available, all carefully sourced from a local breeder.
- The carefully selected breeding stock begin laying in early March each year, providing the eggs which are then hatched on the farm, though mythology suggests geese actually laid their first eggs on Valentine’s Day.
- The delicate goslings are gently reared with a little TLC for the first few weeks in large airy barns, and then from around six weeks old the goslings are set free to roam at their leisure in the surrounding pasture and to feed on the lush grass in the paddocks. Geese love their outdoor beds on clear, moonlit nights, when they are all wide awake.
- All the feed for the geese is milled and blended on the farm using their own farm grown cereals and the birds enjoy fresh drinking water each day, supplied by their own bore hole. Not only are the birds receiving a specialised highly nutritious diet, the feed contains no artificial growth promoters or antibiotics.
- The backyard farmer free range Christmas Goose is a truly healthy, natural, happy goose, grown with traditional farming methods to ensure you have the best goose on your table for your Christmas dinner.
- Though we are keen to promote the use of traditional farming methods we also embrace the use of the latest developments in technology to ensure you receive the best quality free range goose for your christmas dinner.
Come December, our free range geese are humanely slaughtered and then hung to mature for several days, which will allow the true flavours of the bird to develop. The geese are laboriously dry-plucked after they are dispatched – ‘essential for the crispiest skin’.
Our family have been rearing poultry for over 40 years and using our traditional butchering techniques, handed down through the generations, the birds are dressed by hand ready for the oven and then boxed along with their giblets (in a separate bag) and are then ready for your farm gate collection or direct nationwide delivery to your door.
Ensure your have the happiest Christmas with a happy fresh free range goose.
Backyard Farmer are suppliers of traditional farm fresh oven ready free range geese and bronze turkeys, the finest quality organically reared birds, oven ready free range christmas goose for your christmas dinner.